As the Head Roaster, you possess high-level technical competence in production roasting and the manipulation of flavor profiles. You demonstrate passion for increasing knowledge and continuously seeking to improve the quality of our product. You are a master of the internal logistics required to ensure the smooth movement and distribution of product throughout the company. Responsibilities include all of those associated with a Production Roaster, but with an expected ownership of all facets, from inventory management to final quality control. You must efficiently operate the Roastery, including managing Production Roasters and Assistant Production Roasters, and guiding production from the arrival of raw product to the distribution of finished product.
Roasting Proficiency: You demonstrate a depth of knowledge and ability that will allow Coffeebar to remain in the vanguard of the specialty coffee scene.
- Ability to match profiles and roast curves to a high level.
- High-level understanding of roast manipulation theory.
- High-level understanding of the development of new roast profiles.
- Competency with basic roaster maintenance.
- Awareness of safety measures for roaster operation.
- Familiarity with green coffee logistics.
Production Oriented Tasks: You will be a master of logistics, and will be continuously seeking new ways to improve the efficiency of Coffeebar's operations.
- High level organizational abilities.
- Production scheduling and understanding of cafe inventory and ordering procedures.
- Order fulfillment and delivery. Can accurately distribute coffee for delivery to all Coffeebar locations
Quality Control: You will have eyes on the entire coffee program, and will always be pushing to improve the quality of the product we can deliver.
- High-level cupping ability.
- Assists in company-wide QC.
Supervisor Responsibilities: Most importantly, to oversee and demonstrate ownership over the daily cafe internal operations, execution of service and back-end financial administration.
- Hopping on the floor where need be during busy or needed times.
- Completing weekly inventory and daily invoicing.
- Place and receive product orders
- Organizing & making daily deposits & change orders, counting the bank.
- Create and publish weekly schedules, as approved by Director of Retail Stores.
- Ensuring lobby, restroom, roasting, merchandise, and tasting areas are clean and organized, as well as making sure health codes are in place.
- Holding baristas accountable to service, quality standards, and presentation. Attention to detail.
- Trouble shooting when issues arise. Placing service calls when necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in coffee roasting and management of a production team,
- Barista experience preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Creating spreadsheets, & Google Drive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to lift 25 lbs overhead unassisted, and 150 lb bags of green coffee with a partner.
- Flexible availability to meet production demand (including early morning, weekends, holidays).
Things to Know
We're Hospitalians first, Baristas and Chefs second. Making people feel great is our M.O. Our team is passionate about creating amazing experiences, fostering community, cultivating sustainable local business partnerships, and giving great high fives.
We offer flexible schedules, health benefits and 401(k) options for full-time employees, coffee & swag discounts, competitive pay, room for growth and the best company culture.
We look forward to meeting you!